[vtkusers] (constrained) delaunay2D issue

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Fri Mar 14 06:46:12 EST 2003

Hi Sebastien

1. Yes, you must link with GLU lib

2. Use it freely

3. The GLU tesselator picks up which are external and which are internal contours. It assigns winding numbers for points inside contours - from the OpenGL programmers guide ... 'The winding number of a point is the signed number of revolutions we make around that point while travelling once around the contour (where a counterclockwise revolution is +ve and a clockwise revolution is -ve). When there are several contours, the individual winding numbers are summed.' I keep contours in the same direction and use the winding rule to classify the regions. It's a lot to get into an email - you should get your hands on the OpenGL programmers guide (the Red Book) for a good explanation. My head's been elsewhere for a few weeks but I'm about to start a project where I use the filter a lot so I'll try and write some decent documentation

I'm also working with VC++ 6 so you shouldn't have any problems
I'm sending you the source and some scripts directly

Malcolm