[vtkusers] Python/Tcl 'print' segfault

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Wed Mar 12 16:48:18 EST 2003

Hi All,

I've committed a patch to fix a segfault that would occur
under certain conditions with 'print <object>' in Python
or '<object> Print' in Tcl on certain platforms (specifically
Linux/gcc-3.1).  Thanks to Leila Baghdadi for finding a way
to reproduce the problem.

The problem was related to memory allocation in strstreams,
and neither the interface nor the behaviour of strstreams
appears to be consistent accross platforms.  So if anyone
has a hang or segfault after a 'print' or 'Print' within
python or Tcl, email me and I'll try to tune the fix a bit
more.

Thanks,
 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca