[vtkusers] OT: Linux OpenGL and MesaGL at the same time?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Mar 13 14:08:08 EST 2003

>   I guess I forgot to mention that I had to enable VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA to
> get vtkMesaRenderWindow to compile (needed by
> Examples/MangledMesa/Tcl/OffScreenPrinting.tcl).

You shouldn't have to. VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA has nothing to do with
mangled mesa. It enables some code in the regular GL classes allowing
off-screen rendering from those.

> However, given this
> situation the tcl script won't run unless vtkMesaRenderWindow is changed to
> vtkXMesaRenderWindow.

You are right. This was a bug. I replaced vtkMesaRenderWindow with
vtkXMesaRenderWindow in the example scripts. vtkMesaRenderWindow is an
abstract class and con not be instantiated.

-Berk