[vtkusers] iostreams under VC++ 6.0 / VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Tue Mar 4 13:31:36 EST 2003

Hi Sebastien,

> I browsed the mailing list and found many complaints about
> iostream issue under VTK, but none with a clear answer.
> error C2872 : ambiguous call/symbol on ostream, etc.

MS VC++ 6 allows developers to use either version of
their iostream libraries:

#include <iostream>    --> links in Std C++ iostreams
#include <iostream.h>  --> links in "legacy" iostreams

Simple solution is to use the iostream that matches the
version used to build your version of the Vtk libs:

 if (VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB == 1) then #include <iostream>
 if (VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB == 0) then #include <iostream.h>

Nigel.

Don't miss out on the Our Sporting Future forum, to be held in
Melbourne from March 12-14 2003.  Developed by the Australian
Sports Commission to examine contemporary issues and explore
growth opportunities in sport, the forum will investigate what
needs to be done in sport at all levels to build a relevant,
sustainable and progressive industry in the 21st century.
For more information or to register on-line, go to
http://www.oursportingfuture.im.com.au or call 07 3858 5579.

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au