[vtkusers] Deforming Polydata Animation

Tuhin Sinha tk.sinha at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jun 27 09:53:36 EDT 2003

Helder,

  Why not just save the deformation data as an array of point locations at
each time step.  Then use that array to update the vtkPoints instance that
describes your vtkPolyData for each time step.  This seems a lot easier and
has much less overhead, in my opinion.  You go from N (number of time steps)
vtkPolyDatas, N vtkPolyDataMappers, N vtkActors, and N vtkRenderers -- to an
N*numberofpoints array and one of each of the above.

Hope this helps...

Tuhin Sinha