[vtkusers] Deforming Polydata Animation

Christian Pöcher Poecher at gmx.net
Fri Jun 27 10:02:31 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Helder Carvalho <hel_carvalho at hotmail.com>
To: <Poecher at gmx.net>; <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 3:09 PM
Subject: [vtkusers] Deforming Polydata Animation

> What I have is a 3d Polydata and for each timeset or frame, it deforms
> according to external parameters.
> So what you suggested is that i perform every deformation, save each
change
> in the form into a different polydatas, add different mappers and
different
> actors for each deformation and then add all this actors to different
> renders??? Is that it

I thought you already had the results of the transformations in several
dataset files. If it deforms "as you visualize" maybe you could calculate
the new points on the fly and update them in your existing dataset object.
Or use the method Tuhin suggests.

I suggested not to multiply the whole pipeline - only the readers and their
datasets.

chris