[vtkusers] rendering isosurface and crashing

dsjen at cs.unc.edu dsjen at cs.unc.edu
Tue Jun 24 09:21:32 EDT 2003

Hi Jeff,

My use of vtkCanvas is has-a.  The program does consistently crashes
when I load a large number of images (but works fine with a smaller
set), when trying to view an isosurface.  However, using volume
rendering techniques, such as maximum intensity projection, the
rendering is slow, but at least doesn't crash die with an
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

As for code that causes it to crash, I'm not sure which code segment
is causing it to crash.  Are you thinking that it's somewhere with
vtkCanvas?

I will updating my version of Java and see if that fixes the problem
though.

Thanks,
Dennis