[vtkusers] rendering isosurface and crashing

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Fri Jun 27 06:12:23 EDT 2003

dsjen at cs.unc.edu wrote:

>Hi Jeff,
>
>My use of vtkCanvas is has-a.

you might try directly subclassing vtkCanvas instead.  see the
ImagePlaneWidget.java test in cvs which does this.  most access
violations come from trying to perform a render while modifying the
contents of the render window (i.e. add/remove actors, changing source
attributes, etc...).  because of the multithreaded nature of java, it is
easy to make this happen.  you could try mutexing on your data load to
make sure you don't render whilst modifying the data.  are you creating
lots of threads in your application?  adding/removing actors from a
different thread, etc...?
-Jeff