[vtkusers] interacting with vtkPanel (java/vtk)

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Tue Jun 24 09:17:29 EDT 2003

Sorry, I am using vtkCanvas. I haven't removed the listeners, everything is normal. Events come in to the canvas, get despatched to the genericrenderwindoInteractor via the
  public void mousePressed(MouseEvent e)
  {
    Lock();
    code in here....
    UnLock();
  }
member.

I do have one unusual feature. There's a vtkCanvas inside a tabbed notebook. on one page is a small vtk window used for twiddling paramers (widgets inside), on another page (ie over the top of the notebook) are a load of radiobuttons/sliders etc. At the bottom of the screen is the main renderwindow. If I select the sliders etc page, change some values, then interact with the main window, the sliders all twiddle about - is it allowed, to have heavyweight components inside notebooks?

JB