[vtkusers] Why VTK work with Borland Builder and not with Kylix ???

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jun 12 11:30:39 EDT 2003

Because, the kylix compiler does not work like other unix compilers.
If you can send a small example of using kylix from the command line, that
shows how to:

1. create a static library (libfoo.a)
2. create a shared library (libbar.so)
3. create an executable that links to foo and bar, and calls
functions in them.

If you can get those examples to me, it will be easy to get cmake
to build with kylix.   Sometime back, we tried this, and it was
very difficult since kylix did not seem to use the standard unix
ar and ld tools, and was incompatible with them.   The only other
option would be to have cmake generate the complicated IDE format
for kylix on linux, which would be much more work.

-Bill