[vtkusers] vtk- displacement

furlanis at ele.uri.edu furlanis at ele.uri.edu
Thu Jun 12 11:12:59 EDT 2003

I have a question:
my group is running some stress/strain simulations on a beam that has some
cross-fiber layers. and they have sent me files that have the stress&strain on a
cross panel of it, (running lengthwise). They gave me node & element data for
quadratic, cubic, and quartic solutions. i can draw them just fine,
(pre-deformed) but when i go to add the displacement vector to the points, the
data comes out angled, and not smooth.
a) is there a vtk function that adds the displacement to the points? (as opposed
to the way im looping it now?) <the array.tcl example didnt use them, and the
book doesnt clarify>
b) since we are using above quadratic stuff, (the data is currently in polygon
form) how do i get the edges to curve nicely? <and even when i did quadratic
unstructured grids, it still didnt smooth>

-Stephen Furlani
University of Rhode Island