[vtkusers] VTK on OSX

Drew McCormack cormack at chem.vu.nl
Thu Jun 5 08:35:13 EDT 2003

Don't want to keep beating my own drum, but the sort of issues you are
being confronted with, involving Project Builder for example, may be
answered in my MacDevCenter article on VTK with Cocoa. Yes, it is
Cocoa, not Carbon, but the PB stuff is the same:

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2003/02/11/dev_osx.html

Drew McCormack

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 12:05  am, olivier Fedrigo wrote:

> Thanks for your emails guys.
> I finally succeeded to compile VTK 4.2.3 with Cmake 1.6.7-darwin
>
> however how do you install VTK in a carbon project? I may sound dumb
> but I am just starting using OSX, carbon (except for few basic
> applications) and VTK
>
> I added as frameworks:
> libvtkCommon.a
> libvtkfiltering.a
> libvtkGraphics.a
> libvtkimaging.a
> libvtkrendering.a
> and OpenGl.framework.
> Also, I added in Sources all the VTK headers.
>
> To test it, in Main.c I added: #include <Carbon/Carbon.h> and #include
> "vtkRenderer.h"
> I obtained several build errors concerning 'iostream'
> 'strstream'...etc... not found. (they are called by vtklOStream.h)
> Do I have to get these files and add them in my libraries list or did
> I miss something in installing and compiling VTK?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Olivier
>

>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> does anybody have suggestion to install VTK on OSx and working with
>> Carbon? I tried to compile with CMake etc... it does not work! :(
>>
>> or is there a pre-compiled version available somewhere ?  it will be
>> so helpfull!!!!!!
>>
>> Thanks,
>

> Olivier Fédrigo
> 240 Science II
> Department of Zoology and Genetics
> Iowa State University
> Ames, IA 50011
> Lab:  (515) 294-4257  *  Office:  (515) 294-5080  * FAX:   (515)
> 294-8457
> http://www.mbb.iastate.edu/~gnaylor/Olivier.html

  Dr. Drew McCormack (Kmr. R153)
  Afd. Theoretische Chemie