[vtkusers] VTK on OSX

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Wed Jun 4 19:02:15 EDT 2003

At 5:05 PM -0500 06/04/2003, olivier Fedrigo wrote:
>To test it, in Main.c I added: #include <Carbon/Carbon.h> and #include "vtkRenderer.h"
>I obtained several build errors concerning 'iostream' 'strstream'...etc... not found. (they are called by vtklOStream.h)
>Do I have to get these files and add them in my libraries list or did I miss something in installing and compiling VTK?

It sounds like you're trying to build using ProjectBuilder. The default template creates some files along with a simple main.c source file. Note that VTK is written in C++, so you'll need to make sure that you're compiling in C++ mode. The easiest way to do this is to rename main.c to main.cxx (or even better, create a different file with a more appropriate name for your application and use that instead of main.c), then the compiler will automatically switch modes and link against the correct libraries.

Hope this helps,
Chris
--
Chris Scharver