[vtkusers] VTK on OSX

olivier Fedrigo ofedrigo at iastate.edu
Wed Jun 4 18:05:40 EDT 2003

Thanks for your emails guys.
I finally succeeded to compile VTK 4.2.3 with Cmake 1.6.7-darwin

however how do you install VTK in a carbon project? I may sound dumb but I
am just starting using OSX, carbon (except for few basic applications) and VTK

I added as frameworks:
libvtkCommon.a
libvtkfiltering.a
libvtkGraphics.a
libvtkimaging.a
libvtkrendering.a
and OpenGl.framework.
Also, I added in Sources all the VTK headers.

To test it, in Main.c I added: #include <Carbon/Carbon.h> and #include
"vtkRenderer.h"
I obtained several build errors concerning 'iostream' 'strstream'...etc...
not found. (they are called by vtklOStream.h)
Do I have to get these files and add them in my libraries list or did I
miss something in installing and compiling VTK?

Thanks a lot,

Olivier

>Hi Everyone,
>
>does anybody have suggestion to install VTK on OSx and working with
>Carbon? I tried to compile with CMake etc... it does not work! :(
>
>or is there a pre-compiled version available somewhere ?  it will be so
>helpfull!!!!!!
>
>Thanks,

Olivier Fédrigo
240 Science II
Department of Zoology and Genetics
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011
Lab:  (515) 294-4257  *  Office:  (515) 294-5080  * FAX:   (515) 294-8457
http://www.mbb.iastate.edu/~gnaylor/Olivier.html