[vtkusers] large datasets in vtk and manipulation

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Thu Jan 30 09:59:52 EST 2003

The first thing would be for you to buy kitware's book;
http://www.barre.nom.fr/vtk/links-doc.html#books
"The Visualization Toolkit, User's Guide" ==> This is pretty mandatory !

Once your're there, it may not provide all the answers... Practicing is the
best thing to do.
There is a great urge for further documentation, (i.e. Use Cases examples)
but if your goal is simply "Data Vizualisation" then it should be very
simple to master.

On the other hand, if you're like us and you need VTK to implement a
software that don't just manipulate how the data are displayed but also to
modify the data through the displays interaction, then practicing and this
mailling list will be you're only resources.

Hope it helps !

Seb