[vtkusers] Memory leak

Frank Broicher broicher at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 30 06:05:49 EST 2003

Hi there,

we are using vtk 4.0. We need to have more than one render window where
the render function is called directly inside a program loop. We do not
use interactors. Rendering only one window causes no problem. In the case
of rendering more than one window the program allocates memory without
freeing it after usage. So a program runs for about 10 to 20 seconds
using up all the memory and causing the operating system to halt or
even crash. We use as mentioned above vtk 4.0 on a SuSE Linux 7.3
maschine.

Does anybody know this problem? Does anybody have a solution?
If you need more information I can post a simple example program showing
the described behaviour.

With best regards
	Frank
--
Dipl.-Inform. F. H. Broicher

Chair of Technical Computer Science  Lehrstuhl f. Technische Informatik
RWTH Aachen University                                      RWTH-Aachen
Ahornstraße 55,  Room 2226
D-52074 Aachen
  Tel.: +49 (241) 80 23636       mailto:broicher at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
  Fax.: +49 (241) 80 22308       mailto:frank.broicher at ieee.org