[vtkusers] large datasets in vtk and manipulation

Norman Welp norman.welp at web.de
Thu Jan 30 05:47:45 EST 2003

Hello.

I am totally new to vtk. I am searching for a good API that will help solve my problems in an efficient way and now i am trying vtk.

What i want to do:

I want to display a huge number of polygons (8 MB point data) in one window.
These polygons are countries and their regional areas.

Then i want to be able to
- zoom the whole scene or specific parts in and out
- click into the face of a polygon/area to pick that polygon/area and then manipulate it.

Can anyone please give me a hint on how to do that well with vtk or give me some good links ?

Thanks a lot.

Norman.