[vtkusers] vtkActor for a lowerleft 3-axes object ?

Kevin Wright krw at viz-solutions.com
Mon Jan 20 14:54:36 EST 2003

At 02:50 PM 1/20/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Someone told me that VTK was already offering an actor for displaying a
>3-axis icon on the lower left part of the rendering window. I can't find
>anything that would do that. (See 3ds MAX or Autocad...etc)
>
>Is VTK providing such an actor ? If not, does someone knows how to do that ?
>An example... (We can't be the first to want such a feature so...)

I can't speak for whether VTK has something to do this now.  In the past
what I've done when I needed this, was to create another renderer in the
lower left corner of the render window containing only an axis.  You can
then share the camera between these two renderers if you don't mind pan and
zoom affecting the axes, but what I did was modify the Tk-Interactor to
insure that any rotations in the main renderer were also performed in the
axis renderer.  Couldn't say how to do this with the C++ based interactors.

Hope that helps.

Kevin.