[vtkusers] Segmentation Fault

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Tue Jan 14 10:35:01 EST 2003

Hi Dingrong,

The segmentation fault might be a result of having different
copies of VTK on your system, for example on Windows if you
have DLLs sitting around from an old build, this can cause
real problems.

Check your PATH (or under UNIX your LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to make
sure that it points to only one copy of your VTK DLLs/.so files.

Also, in future emails related to build problems please quote more
information about your system.  In particular you should defintely
give
1) your platform (Windows, Linux, IRIX)
2) your compiler
3) which versions of python and tcl you use
4) what CMake variables you have changed (e.g. for python
   builds you should BUILD_SHARED_LIBS on)
5) anything else you think might be relevant

Cheers,
  David

  David Gobbi, MSc                dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group