[vtkusers] Segmentation Fault

Dingrong Yi dingryi at sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 14 10:30:06 EST 2003

Dear VTK Users,

I used to work on VTK (2.4) and  I upgraded to VTK4.0
successfully. However, just before christmas, I upgraded further
 to a nighly released version (in order to use some great
python classes) which gave me  segmentation error whenever I run
 a VTK example. When installed VTK4.n, I also installed some
packages that for Python. Python worked, but VTK4.n  did not.
What is worse  is that now I am NOT able to
get VTK4.0 running. I can compile the sources successfully and
have the library files in VTK/bin, but whenever I run the
example files or  my own working code, both will give me
segmentation  error.

Is any one have similar experience or can  give me some
suggestions?

Thanks

Dingrong