[vtkusers] About range in 3D.

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Sun Feb 23 15:29:21 EST 2003

Salut Olivier,
  I handle this using vtkTransform. To magnify Z you would use
vtkTransform->Scale( 1, 1, 20 ).
I use a general approach in which I get the bounds for the data set
(dataSet->GetBounds), find the longest dimension, then scale the other two
dimensions up so all dimensions are 'normalised' with respect to the
largest dimension (the data bounds becomes a cube).
Having said that, the suggestion someone else made about using the
vtkCubeAxesActor2D SetRange etc sounds good, I must try it!
  regards
      Dave Pont

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          06-Olivier             |
|        |          <06-Olivier at wanadoo.fr>|
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          22/02/2003 07:13       |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |      To:     vtkusers at public.kitware.com                                                                   |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] About range in 3D.                                                            |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

    Hi,

I have some trouble to plot scientific datas with axes.

I want to plot a 3D dataset which X values goes from -20 to 20
Y values from -20 to 20 and Z values from -1 to 0 with axis.

Because it is too 'flat', for a good image, I need to magnify the Z
values ( x 20 ) but while doing this the values on the axis range
( vtkCubeAxesActor2D ) are also magnified, what I don't want.

Perhaps I used wrong way for plotting such datas with different
range on X,Y or Z axis ?

If someone have an idea, I will be happy for his help.

    Thanks,

Sincerly.