[vtkusers] bug with multiple render windows?

Frank Broicher broicher at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 21 08:52:07 EST 2003

And again a comment :-)

We use VTK 4 on SuSE linux machines, I do not have any knowledge
whether this bug appears on other platforms. And unfortunately I do
not know much about the memory management of VTK, so what I will do
the next week is wild guessing. If you have any hints for me and Nick,
I'd be very happy.

With best regards
	Frank

John Biddiscombe schrieb:
> I can only conclude that either 1/ vtk developers don't read this list very
> often, or 2/ they don't consider it a requirement to create software which
> uses multiple render windows.
> <<<
>
> 3/ Developers are very busy and they secretly hope that users will find bugs, fix them and then post fixes to the list.
>
> The bug you mention must be relavtivel recent, because my own apps create many renderwindows and in the past I've tested extensively to find leaks. Last time I looked it was ok...but....
>
> JB

Dipl.-Inform. F. H. Broicher

Chair of Technical Computer Science  Lehrstuhl f. Technische Informatik
RWTH Aachen University                                      RWTH-Aachen
Ahornstraße 55,  Room 2226
D-52074 Aachen
  Tel.: +49 (241) 80 23636       mailto:broicher at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
  Fax.: +49 (241) 80 22308       mailto:frank.broicher at ieee.org