[vtkusers] bug with multiple render windows?

nick.smethurst nick.smethurst at free.fr
Fri Feb 21 12:29:20 EST 2003

Hello again..

John Biddiscombe wrote:
 > 3/ Developers are very busy and they secretly hope that users will
 > find bugs, fix them and then post fixes to the list.

ok, I get the message :)

Frank Broicher wrote:
 > We use VTK 4 on SuSE linux machines, I do not have any knowledge
 > whether this bug appears on other platforms. And unfortunately I do
 > not know much about the memory management of VTK, so what I will do
 > the next week is wild guessing.

It occurs here on mandrake 9.0 using the nvidia opengl library and
recent nightly builds of vtk.

Frank Broicher wrote:
 > The next step here is a new compilation of VTK with debug information
 > and the use of valgrind and gdb, at least that's what I have in mind.

My problem is that my Geforce4 video card will not work with XFree
drivers. I'm stuck with the nvidia drivers for the time being and
valgrind doesn't support the mmx instructions in the nvidia drivers.
Unless I go get another card, I'm of limited help at the moment, but I
will try to investigate at much as I can.

Nick