[vtkusers] Picking not working - or very strangely

Paul Tait paul at opes.com.au
Fri Feb 7 03:37:38 EST 2003

Hi

I'm trying to get picking to work in an MFC/VTK app. I've used VTK to
visualise to geological data. Basically the top and bottoms of the
underground reservoirs are seperate actors made up of vtkCellArrays of
triangles and oil wells are  vtkCellArrays of lines. When press 'p' over a
reservoir or well nothing happens but when I press 'p' else where in the
screen sometimes one of my reservoirs gets picked and the bounding box
appears. It almost seems as if the ray is being projected from somewhere in
the top of the scene so I have to guess where to place my mouse. Obviously
something is very wrong but I just can't see it. My app is based on the mfc
app in the examples.

Also I think I would like to use a vtkPropPicker but don't know if my Matrox
G400 will support it under W2K ?

TIA Paul Tait