[vtkusers] Displaying Very Large Images

Sunayana Saha sunayana_saha at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 16:34:49 EST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to visualize very large images in Java using VTK. The size of the image varies from 921600 bytes to 1500000 bytes. Everything goes fine until I try to render the image. The window freezes when I try to render these images. Is there someway to subsample the images? Which part of the visualization pipeline do I modify and which filter(s) can I use to do so. I tried using vtkImageShrink3D, but that didn't work.

I will appreciate if anyone can give me some useful suggestions on this problem.

Thanks,
Saha