[vtkusers] Can a VTK/Tcl application be made into a stand-alone exe?

Kevin Wright Kevin.Wright at ansys.com
Thu Dec 11 13:49:48 EST 2003

Take a look at TclPro (go to dev.scriptics.com).  Its a software package that Scriptics used to sell, but since their demise, its open source.  With the wrapper utility included, you should be able to create a stand-alone executable which you can ship(along with supporting dll's) that will run a Tcl/VTK application.

Kevin.

I have a VTK/Tcl application and I would like to be able to distribute it as a stand-alone application. Is this possible or does the user have to have Tcl and VTK installed on their system?