[vtkusers] Common/Makefile problem

Ben FrantzDale frantzdale at intelligent-imaging.com
Fri Aug 15 21:34:39 EDT 2003

>> On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 04:24  PM, Ben FrantzDale wrote:
>>
>>> I finally got a good compilation with OSX. Since I had a hard time
>>> figuring it out, attached is my CMakeCache.txt. Hopefully it'll make
>>> life easier for people.
>>>
>>> --Ben
>>>
>>> <CMakeCache.txt>
>

> Dear Ben:
>
> Have you tested all the tk/tcl features of VTK?
> I see that use are using FINK (sw directory) for some of the programs,
> such
> as python, and also you are using frameworks for OPENGL. I am a bit
> surprised it works. If it does work deserves careful disclosure of the
> methods you used.

I did just try some of the Tcl stuff and it appears not to work. It
fails with "can't find package vtk".

I am using fink for Python. As for the frameworks for OpenGL, I'm not
even sure what that means. I did see someone mention something about
frameworks in other emails, though. The Python test scripts do work,
though, however their mouse behavior is a bit weird, with the "center"
of the window being correct only if the window is put in the lower-left
corner of the screen. (That center appears to be in screen space rather
than window space.)

As for methods, I installed the libraries I thought I needed using fink
and then tried everything I could think of and find online until cmake
made a good makefile and it compiled without error.

Also, I am suspicious that it isn't using graphics hardware.

--Ben