[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor class

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Tue Apr 15 11:35:17 EDT 2003

Hi Mathieu,

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 17:18, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> 	The most important thing (which is currently not clear yet) is:
> http://lists.wxwindows.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?8:msn:35104:ofoclegabbpaiopbgagi
>
> 	To sum up the problem, since wxGTK 2.3.2 there is a problem that
> prevents wxVTKRenderWindow to work with VTK, that's why David Gobbi
> introduced WX_USE_X_CAPTURE to deal with it. As I wanted my

I would vote for disabling CaptureMouse() altogether or rethinking its
use in the wxWindows + VTK hybrids.  Even on systems where CaptureMouse
works, it's easy to get the app into an unusable state by for instance
programmatically focusing another window (calling Raise() or somesuch).
This means that the previous window still has the mouse, but a new
window has the focus and it's not possible to change this state of
affairs with mouse interaction.  It's almost like a mouse lockup.

What's the opinion here of GUI experts with regards to windows capturing
mouses during interaction?

Thanks,
Charl