[vtkusers] Problem linking program

Arun Srinivasan sakumar79 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:42:10 EDT 2003

Hi,
  I am trying to compile a program that I wrote and while linking I get the
following error messages:

objects.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual
void
__thiscall vtkObjectBase::CollectRevisions(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > &)"
(?CollectRevisions at vtkObjectBase@@MAEXAAV?$basic_o
stream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)
objects.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
void __
thiscall vtkObjectBase::PrintTrailer(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::c
har_traits<char> > &,class vtkIndent)"
(?PrintTrailer at vtkObjectBase@@UAEXAAV?$ba
sic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
objects.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
void __
thiscall vtkObjectBase::PrintHeader(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
(?PrintHeader at vtkObjectBase@@UAEXAAV?$basi
c_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
objects.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
void __
thiscall vtkObjectBase::PrintSelf(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char
_traits<char> > &,class vtkIndent)"
(?PrintSelf at vtkObjectBase@@UAEXAAV?$basic_os
tream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
vtkFile.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

  I cannot understand what the error is... I have made sure that all the
.lib files are in the include list and I even tried adding vtkObjectBase.obj
to the list of objects to be linked. Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,
Arun K Srinivasan