[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor class

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Apr 15 11:18:03 EDT 2003

Hi all,
	I am pleased to release this archive. This is a complete rewrote of
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor but in real C++ code.

	This class is what I called a back-swig of wxVTKRenderWindow.py.  It
has -almost- the same look & feel as the python one.

	You'll find either a CMakeList.txt for building small examples toward
VTK 4.x and in wxVTK/oldbin/ a Makefile to build against vtk 3.2. These
small examples have been shamelessly taken from David Marshall's archive ;)
	This has only been tested on wxGTK 2.2.9, wxGTK 2.3.1, wxGTK 2.4.0 and
wxGTK from cvs (only Linux for now).

---------

	The most important thing (which is currently not clear yet) is:
http://lists.wxwindows.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?8:msn:35104:ofoclegabbpaiopbgagi

	To sum up the problem, since wxGTK 2.3.2 there is a problem that
prevents wxVTKRenderWindow to work with VTK, that's why David Gobbi
introduced WX_USE_X_CAPTURE to deal with it. As I wanted my
wxVTKRenderWindow* to work the same way under MSW and GTK I tracked down
what seems to me a bug. The hack describes on this URL allows to use
wxGTK 2.4.0 just as wxGTK 2.3.2 (and earlier) without problem, but this
is only a bad hack for now. BTW if any wxGTK guru could comment on that...

	Please take the time to test it on any plateforms and send me your
suggestions/comments.

mathieu

--
Mathieu Malaterre