[vtkusers] 3d plotting

Tim Fooy tim.fooy at pandora.be
Sun Apr 13 08:15:37 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have been looking quite some time now in the documentation on the VTK
homepage, but given the enormous number of classes I can't find what I'm
looking for and I hope someone might give me a hint in the right direction.

What I want to do is actually quite simple.  I have an ascii file with 4
columns of numbers, and I need to make a colored 3d plot with them.  Column 1
is X, 2 is Y, 3 is Z, and 4 is turned to a color.

I guess there must be more simple ways than to read in all the points,
manually create 4-point-polygons, manually try to assign colors to all
polygon points, and also try to get some axes with tics in the graph...

Could someone tell me what classes I am looking for? (I work in C++ or Tcl)

Thanks in advance!

Tim