[vtkusers] stereo rendering

Steffen Oeltze Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Mon Sep 2 03:01:30 EDT 2002

Dear VTK-experts,

I'm programming a volume rendering application that does stereo
rendering on a Dresden3D-
display. I'm using a VolumePro500 board to speed up the rendering
process. Unfortunately,
this board only supports parallel projection. However, my stereo pairs
are calculated using
perspective projection.
I know that VTK has already implemented a support for this display and
it works fine for
both types of projection but when I started to think about the
mathematics behind this
process I got confused. How are the stereo pairs computed in parallel mode ?

I'd be grateful for any thoughts on that,
Steffen Oeltze