[vtkusers] .obj files

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Oct 30 10:00:36 EST 2002

Hi,

Did you not post the same question on 17th Oct? The answer is the same: use
vtkCleanPolyData after vtkOBJReader. So...

vtkOBJReader  *face = vtkOBJReader::New();
    face->SetFileName("face.obj");

vtkCleanPolyData *clean = vtkCleanPolyData::New();
    clean->SetInput(face->GetOutput())

//then check...
vtkIdType numPts;
numPts = clean->GetOutput()->GetNumberOfPoints()

If you look back at the thread of the 17th Oct you'll find the reason for
this.

HTH

Goodwin