[vtkusers] Link Problem with VTK - QT

Oli oli at euromobile.ch
Wed Oct 30 05:14:38 EST 2002

Hi,
I'have tried two librairies packages that integrate VTK RendreWindow in a QT Widget. These librairies are vtkqt http://www.matthias-koenig.net/vtkqt/ and vtkhandqt http://www.medres.ch/~jstifter/vtkandqt/.

I use QT2.3 and VTK4.0, and I runs without problem programs that use VTK or KT.
But I cannot use these librairies, VisualC++ compiles but I get errors at linking:

So Have you an idea?
thanks
oli

Errors with vtkhandqt:
Linking...
interactormain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static struct QStringData *  QString::shared_null" (?shared_null at QString@@0PAUQStringData@@A)
renderwindow.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gluOrtho2D at 32
moc_renderwindow.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class QApplication *  qApp" (?qApp@@3PAVQApplication@@A)
moc_renderwindowinteractor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class QApplication *  qApp" (?qApp@@3PAVQApplication@@A)
Debug/VTKQT1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
VTKQT1.exe - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Errors with VTKQT:
Linking...
qvExample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class QApplication *  qApp" (?qApp@@3PAVQApplication@@A)
vtkQtRenderWindow.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class QApplication *  qApp" (?qApp@@3PAVQApplication@@A)
vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class QApplication *  qApp" (?qApp@@3PAVQApplication@@A)
qvExample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static struct QStringData *  QString::shared_null" (?shared_null at QString@@0PAUQStringData@@A)
vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor::initMetaObject(void)" (?initMetaObject at vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor@@MAEXXZ)
vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual char const * __thiscall vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor::className(void)const " (?className at vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor@@UBEPBDXZ)
vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class QWidget *  QApplication::main_widget" (?main_widget at QApplication@@0PAVQWidget@@A)
vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QMetaObject * __cdecl vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor::staticMetaObject(void)" (?staticMetaObject at vtkQtRenderWindowInteractor@@SAPAVQMetaObject@@XZ)
Debug/vtkqt2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

vtkqt2.exe - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s)