[vtkusers] small objects are not rendered

Eric Pichon eric at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 10 10:52:27 EDT 2002

Hi All,

When trying to render many objects, VTK will discard those that are too
small and too far (even though they are still much bigger than one pixel).

I understand that this makes sense in many cases but it is a problem for
what I want to do (basically rendering hundreds of small spheres) and I
did not manage to get VTK to render all the actors regardless of any
optimization consideration.

I set manually the clipping planes of the camera and I am not using
vtkLODactors but regular vtkActors.

Your help would be greatly appreciated !

Eric Pichon

---

I am using VTK 4.0 on a Sun Ultra 80 (SunOS 5.7 sun4u sparc SUNW)

It was compiled using gcc version 2.95.2.

At startup VTK says :
Using: /usr/openwin/platform/SUNW,Ultra-80/lib/GL/oglSUNWcore.so.4
Using: /usr/openwin/platform/SUNW,Ultra-80/lib/GL/libvis.so.1