[vtkusers] problem with BlankPoint(ptId) function in class vtkStructuredGrid

vtk replies vtk_replies at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 13:04:46 EDT 2002

Hello,
I have run into the following problem. I need to blank
out a portion of my Structured Grid (consisting of
Voxels ). I used the following functions in class
vtkStructuredGrid
structGrid->BlankingOn();
for(int i=start; i<max; i++)
	structGrid->BlankPoint(i);

but nothing seems to happen when the image is
rendered. (1) The blanked out portions still appear in
the image
(2) also when I try to find out the neighbours of the
cells just on the boundary of the blanked region, they
still appear as neighbours even though the some of
them happen to be in the blanked region.
For example,
if in the 2x2 grid below, the points a, b, c, d, e, f
are blanked out. Then the neighbours of cell 13 should
be 12, 20, 9 and Null. The cell 'd' should not show up
as one of its neighbours. When an isosurface is
rendered, the blanked out cells should not be
considered while checking for isosurface cells, but
this does not happen.

	18 19 20 21 22 23 24
	11 12 13 d  e  f  17
	7  8  9  a  b  c  10
	0  1  2  3  4  5  6

Does anybody know a way of doing this ?
What am I missing here ? Has anyone run into this
problem before?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Regards