[vtkusers] Memory leaks using VTK on OS X

Surajit Nundy nundys at neuro.duke.edu
Wed Oct 9 14:00:16 EDT 2002

I thought that this was only a result of using Java-wrapped vtk but it
persists with c++-vtk and tcl-vtk.  Every time I run a vtk program from
the testing tree, the amount of free system memory (as reported by top)
reduces by a certain amount (about 1 MB for Mace.cxx or Mace.tcl).
This memory is persistently lost and can only be reclaimed by
restarting the system.  Am I mistaken, or have others experienced the
same problems?

Thanks,
Surajit Nundy