[vtkusers] vtkExtractVOI and transforms

John Clyne clyne at ncar.ucar.edu
Fri May 10 12:29:04 EDT 2002

Hi, I seem to be having some trouble with the vtk3.2 version of
vtkExtractVOI. I'm using it to extract a subregion from a structured
points data set, the results of which are fed to both a vtkVolumeMapper
and a vtkOutlineFilter. The problem occurs when I apply user
transformations to either of these objects. The coordinate origin does
not appear to be in the same location as if I had simply created a
volume of the desired resolution. Furthermore, the coordinate origin
appears to be different for both the outline and volume. I.e. when I
apply the same user transform rotation to both of these object the
rotate differently, neither one about the point I would expect (i'm not
sure what point they are rotating about).

Thanks!

John Clyne      (clyne at ncar.ucar.edu)
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder, Colorado 80307
(303) 497-1236  FAX (303) 497-1298