[vtkusers] Help : vtkUnstructuredGrid, Decimate.tcl and .dll error

Régis BLANCHON poete66 at caramail.com
Fri May 10 13:04:53 EDT 2002

Hi everybody,

I'm a new vtk user. I would like to visualize an
unstructured grid data in a Tk window like Decimate.tcl

I have added in the file Decimate.tcl :
vtkUnstructuredGridReader reader
and I have deleted
vtkPolyDataReader reader

but I have those errors :

Wish82 a provoqué une erreur dans VTKDLL.DLL
Wish82 a provoqué une erreur dans TCL82.DLL

It's in french, it means there is an error with the files
VTKDLL.DLL and TCL82.DLL when I try to open one .vtk file.

This error occurs because of the line :
PolyData CopyStructure [$filter GetOutput]
but I don't know why.
This line is in the function UpdateUndo :

proc UpdateUndo {filter} {
 global CurrentFilter

 set CurrentFilter $filter
 $filter Update

 PreviousPolyData CopyStructure PolyData
 [PreviousPolyData GetPointData] PassData [PolyData
GetPointData]
 PreviousPolyData Modified

 PolyData CopyStructure [$filter GetOutput]
 #ERROR IN VTKTCL.DLL and TCL82.DLL
 [PolyData GetPointData] PassData [[$filter GetOutput]
GetPointData]
 PolyData Modified

 ReleaseData
}
Do I have to use the class
vtkUnstructuredGridToPolyDataFilter which is an abstract
filter class whose subclasses take as input datasets of
type vtkUnstructuredGrid and generate polygonal data on
output.

I have installed Tcl/Tk 8.2.3 and I have tcl82.dll
somewhere on my system and I have installed vtk and
vtkdll.dll exists on your system.

If you could help me, it would be wonderfull for me.

Régis BLANCHON

PS : Will : I don't know what is TCLLIBPATH and how to find
it.

have tcl82.dll
> somewhere on your system. Also make sure that you have
installed vtk and
> vtkdll.dll exists on your system.
>
> If so, try setting the environment variable TCLLIBPATH to
point to the
> location of tcl82.dll. Also set the PATH environment
variable (which should
> already exist) to point to the location of vtkdll.dll.
>
> In the future address your questions to the vtk users
list
> http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers.
>
> Will
>
> At 01:32 PM 5/9/2002 +0000, Régis BLANCHON wrote:
> >Hi Will,
> >
> >I'm a new vtk user. I would like to visualize an
> >unstructured grid data in a Tk window like Decimate.tcl
> >
> >I have added in the file Decimate.tcl :
> >vtkUnstructuredGridReader reader
> >and I have deleted
> >vtkPolyDataReader reader
> >
> >but I have those errors :
> >
> >Wish82 a provoqué une erreur dans VTKDLL.DLL
> >Wish82 a provoqué une erreur dans TCL82.DLL
> >
> >It's in french, it means there is an error with the files
> >VTKDLL.DLL and TCL82.TCL when I try to open one .vtk
file.