[vtkusers] X11 error (thread safety)

Phil Cook p.cook at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 10 12:22:23 EDT 2002

I am running VTK 4.n (from CVS) with Java and Linux Mandrake 8.2. The OpenGL
is supplied by NVIDIA for my Geoforce II MX, and my XFree86 version is 4.2.0.

My VTK application loads correctly, but after a while (time varies, but it is
on the order of minutes) it freezes and I get the error:

	Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x31725)!

in the console. The address of the sequence varies.

According to the XFree86 docs, this error is caused by unsafe multithreaded
code.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or is my installation wrong in some
way?

Thanks

Phil