[vtkusers] Hybrid Build Returning Errors

Mike Robertson fermion at mac.com
Wed May 1 23:44:47 EDT 2002

Hi. The error persists when I do a make from scratch (i.e. make clean, then
remove the directory and start over with the tarball.

Here's the output. I've just done a cmake, then make in /usr/local/vtk/VTK.
I've attached the CMakeCache.txt that I used.

I have no idea what's going on here.

c++   -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -g -O2
-fno-coalesce-templates -fno-coalesce-static-vtables -o
/usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin/libvtkHybridPython.so  vtkHybridPythonInit.o
vtk3DSImporterPython.o vtkArcPlotterPython.o vtkCaptionActor2DPython.o
vtkCubeAxesActor2DPython.o vtkDepthSortPolyDataPython.o
vtkEarthSourcePython.o vtkGridTransformPython.o vtkImplicitModellerPython.o
vtkImageToPolyDataFilterPython.o vtkIterativeClosestPointTransformPython.o
vtkLandmarkTransformPython.o vtkLegendBoxActorPython.o
vtkPolyDataToImageStencilPython.o vtkRenderLargeImagePython.o
vtkRIBExporterPython.o vtkRIBLightPython.o vtkRIBPropertyPython.o
vtkThinPlateSplineTransformPython.o vtkTransformToGridPython.o
vtkVectorTextPython.o vtkVideoSourcePython.o vtkVRMLImporterPython.o
vtkXYPlotActorPython.o vtkWeightedTransformFilterPython.o
-L/usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin/ -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lvtkRenderingPython
-lvtkIOPython -lvtkGraphicsPython -lvtkImagingPython -lvtkFilteringPython
-lvtkCommonPython -lGL -framework Python -lpthread -lm -lvtkCommon
-lvtkFiltering -lvtkImaging -lvtkGraphics -lvtkIO -lvtkRendering -lvtkHybrid
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lvtkRenderingPython
make[3]: *** [/usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin/libvtkHybridPython.so] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Hybrid] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2
[localhost:local/vtk/VTK] root#

mike

Michael Robertson