[vtkusers] Error parsing header for wrapping Java

Steve Boyd boyd at biomed.ee.ethz.ch
Thu May 2 03:42:58 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying a build of vtk4.0 with Java on my PC (VC++ 6.0) and am having
problems getting my own classes in the /Local directory to wrap.  All I
get is a syntax error warning (see compiler message below).  I've played
with //BTX and //ETX a little, but can't seem to make the wrapping
work.  Of course, it doesn't help that the error message is rather
ambiguous.

Does somebody have an idea of what may be wrong.  My header file is
essentially modeled after existing VTK code.

Sincerely,

Steve

ps. Am I making a mistake working with version 4.0?  Should I head
straight for a stable nightly release?

--------------------Configuration: vtkLocalJava - Win32
Debug--------------------
Performing Custom Build Step on D:/pack/vtk40/VTK/Local/vtkJack.h
*** SYNTAX ERROR found in parsing the header file
D:/pack/vtk40/VTK/Local/vtkJack.h ***
syntax error
*** SYNTAX ERROR found in parsing the header file
D:/pack/vtk40/VTK/Local/vtkJack.h ***
syntax error
Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

vtkLocalJava.dll - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--
Steven Boyd, PhD

Institute for Biomedical Engineering
ETH and University Zuerich