[vtkusers] Swing Based vtkPanel

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Tue Mar 5 11:24:47 EST 2002

Jeff,

WinNT4 sp6, vtk4 cvs from 2/27/2002 java sdk 1.3.1_02.

I compiled and ran SimpleVTK from the dos command line and get the error
below.....john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      megadodo.segNET.COM
 [206.34.181.3]

From: Jeff Lee <jeff at cdnorthamerica.com> on 03/05/2002 10:42 AM

                  Jeff Lee           To:   John Anast-JM/PGI at PGI
 <jeff at cdnorthamerica.com>           Cc:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                             Subject:      Re: [vtkusers] Swing Based vtkPanel

       03/05/2002 10:42 AM

It works fine for me - on win2000, SunOS, linux.  I have never heard of
this problem before on win2k systems.  What are your details - os, vtk
version, etc...  I added the lock/unlock mechanism to allow native code
to call render/makeCurrent/other calls which affect the drawing surface.
-Jeff

anast.jm at pg.com wrote:

>Satheesh....I'm not even getting that far with SimpleVTK......the window and
>button display okay but even if I do nothing the app crashes in 1 sec...just
too
>new to figure this out on my own...john
>
>An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
>Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x77f67616
>Function name=RtlLeaveCriticalSection
>Library=C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll
>
>Current Java thread:
>        at vtkPanel.UnLock(Native Method)
>        at vtkPanel.Render(vtkpanel.java:82)
>        at vtkPanel.paint(vtkpanel.java:90)
>        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
>        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Internet Mail Message
> Received from host:      public.kitware.com
> [208.136.18.25]
>

>From: Satheesh Maheswaran <s.maheswaran at eastman.ucl.ac.uk>@public.kitware.com
on
>03/05/2002 03:23 PM GMT