[vtkusers] Swing Based vtkPanel

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Tue Mar 5 12:17:37 EST 2002

Gowri....I'm using vtk4 cvs from 2/27 (with WinNT) ...in vtkPanel.java I don't
see any reference to freeDrawingsurface...I think you are using vtk3.2. I'm
guessing there have been some changes since then???

....john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      romulus.bhi-net.com
 [204.253.245.10]

From: "Gopalakrishnan, Gowri" <Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com> on 03/05/2002
09:33 AM CST

          "Gopalakrishnan, Gowri"           To:   John Anast-JM/PGI at PGI
 <Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com>           Cc:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                                    Subject:      RE: [vtkusers] Swing Based vtkPanel

              03/05/2002 10:33 AM

Your problem is a different one. Yours is crashing because in the native
code of vtkPanel there is a freeDrawingsurface() command which crashes for
example in windows2000 and not in windows NT. So I would suggest first
comment this line and recompile and see if this fixes your problem. But make
sure that there is no memory leak in your code. Sun has not suggested any
solution for this till today and windows ignores this. So we have to live
with tweaking.....ntdll.dll is a error thrown by windows 2000 when the
application has memory leaks.

Gowri