[vtkusers] Oh no it's a VB user :-)

Pan, Tony C (Research) tpan at crd.ge.com
Tue Jul 23 10:19:38 EDT 2002

Julian,
We use VTK with VB, but with only a small subset.  We wrote some classes that use VTK to do the vis,
a C style wrapper that's compiled with C++, and another C file compiled with C to wrap the C++
compiled wrapper.

VTK -> C++ classes to do our thing -> C wrapper compiled with C++ -> C wrapper compiled with C

The whole mess is compiled into a DLL. VB was able to call the C compiled wrapper functions.
Probably not the best solution, but it works for us.  We also have VTK pop up a stand alone window; I
don't know if the render window can be embedded.

Good luck.

Tony