[vtkusers] error message of using mayavi 1.0

Xiaoxian Hu xih5 at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Jul 23 10:27:39 EDT 2002

Hello everybody,

My colleague and I have been using mayavi 1.0 visualizing our finite
element analysis results, i.e., to visulalize the stress or strain
distribution in a structure. Mayavi works fine with our small size
cases(say, 5000 quadratic 20-node elements and about 26000 nodes).
Recently, my colleague came up with a case which has 13232 20-node
quadratic element and 13632 nodes. From the vtk file we got, we have
109056 floats points for coordinates as flollows,
-------------------------------------
vtk output
ASCII
DATASET POLYDATA
POINTS 109056 float

When mayavi reads the vtk file, we got the following error message,

ERROR: In C:\Sources\VTK\IO\vtkDataReader.cxx, line 1569
vtkPolyDataReader (0x00BD2F88): Error reading ascii cell data! for file:
C:/SRC/movie/ELIST.lis_pcg_sxx.vtk

ERROR: In C:\Sources\VTK\IO\vtkDataReader.cxx, line 1569
vtkPolyDataReader (0x00BD2F88): Error reading ascii cell data! for file:
C:/SRC/movie/ELIST.lis_pcg_sxx.vtk

I checked the vtk file and it seems all right. Could somebody help us
out?

Thanks a lot,

Hu