[vtkusers] Oh no it's a VB user :-)

julianholt jholt at fatiguewizard.com
Tue Jul 23 21:02:15 EDT 2002

Hi Andy/Rasmus/Tony

ActiViz
======
I am looking at this at the moment (and talking to Bill).
The only problem I have is the size of the main dll - a bit too big to
distribute to our users via the web. So I thought I would have a look at
writing my own conversion for the calls I need

But my main concern was the performance using VB -- Maybe this isn't an
issue at all?

Multi-Platform
===========
As for cross platform -- we are Uncle Bill lovers here :-) so we don't care
about Unix :-)

C++ => Looks like more money might be spent with Amazon

VB
===

Knowing which calls you want to make to the various vtk dlls, it should be
possible to call them directly by writing VB conversions (a bit like using
the windows API). But at the end of the day, the activiz product is
reasonably priced and so it's probably not worth putting in too much effort
in writing our own version (apart from the size issue)

Many thanks guys.

Great forum and I am sure I will have loads of questions (once Amazon
deliver my vtk toolkit and userguide)

Regards

Julian Holt