[vtkusers] Building VTK 4.x CVS with BC++ builder 6.0

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jul 17 07:55:03 EDT 2002

 From the README.html in the top level directory of VTK:

      Link error with borland: TCL82.LIB contains invalid OMF record,
      type 0x21 (possibly COFF). You have to convert Tcl libraires
      from coff to omf with the Borland utilitiy coff2omf. Once you
      have created OMF versions, re-run cmake to tell it where the Borland
      versions of Tcl and Tk are located. Also, make sure that you are using
      Tcl/Tk 8.3.2.

The larger files may have to do with many things.

Are you building shared or static, optimize for size or not.

What were the errors with the Release type?

We do not have a dashboard for Borland 6 which is why you are having some troubles.
We only test Borland 5.   Once you get this working would you be willing to run
a nightly dashboard for Borland 6?

-Bill