[vtkusers] Building VTK 4.x CVS with BC++ builder 6.0

Charlie H. Chang charlie.chang at nchc.gov.tw
Tue Jul 16 23:41:41 EDT 2002

John Biddiscombe 提到:

>Run CMake, in the CXX_COMPILER_FLAGS add
>-w-
>
>this is "turn off all warnings"
>
>the problem will go away. You may want to do it to
>C_COMPILER_FLAGS or whatever it is too, just in case any "c" files in the utilities directory cause trouble
>
>JB
>
>_

Ok, I have tried a few things with the Borland C++ Builder 6.0 Enterprise,
which borrowed from a friend, and here is what I have found:

(1) the -w- option is turned on at default when I run CMake
(2) I changed the "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE" to 'Release' and
caused the compilation failure.
(3) I changed "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE" to its default value: 'Debug',
and with "VTK_WRAP_TCL" ON, and the compiler will terminate
with a message about "OMF object not recognized in TCL83.lib ..".
(4) Turn off "VTK_WRAP_TCL" and everything was ok, compilation compeleted.

Then I played with the VTK examples, and found that the .exe files were
larger
than the .exe files built with VC. So I suspected that had something to
do with the
"CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE" option. Is that right? Or BCC always has larger .exe
than
the .exe built with VC??

E: charlie.chang at nchc.gov.tw
W: www.nchc.gov.tw