[vtkusers] Problem testing the VTK build under VC7.

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jul 16 01:21:12 EDT 2002

When building the vtk nightly dump using VC7 I get a lot of errors of
the following form when the project RUN_TESTS is run:

Testing PrintSelf-Patented
CMake Error: config type specified on the command line, but test
executable not found.C:/Tcl/bin/.\Release/tclsh.exe
Unable to find executable: C:/Tcl/bin/tclsh.exe

Also there are multiple messages saying that tcl83.dll and tk83.dll are
missing. However they are present in the standard c:\tcl\bin directory
and the paths seem to be set correctly if I type "path" under the
command prompt or under the Visual Studio .NET command prompt.

Now, the path as used in the build log is:

    Path=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Vc7\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Common7\Tools\bin\prerelease;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET\Common7\Tools\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Common7\tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Common7\ide;C:\Program Files\HTML Help Workshop\;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\FrameworkSDK\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705;C:\WI
NDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

No TCL path there.

So where does the project expect to find the TCL stuff when running the
tests?

Or, alternatively, what do I edit to set the TCL path for use in the
project RUN_TESTS?

Thanks

   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean